Submit a Joke of the Week!
Thank you for your interest in the Seven Days Joke of the Week! Each week, we'll publish one joke submitted by a local comedian on our arts blog, Live Culture. But since you’re here, we’re guessing you knew that. Anyway…
Here are some guidelines for submitting:
- To be considered for publication you must be a performing comedian living in Vermont. Sorry, flatlanders.
- We will also consider submissions from Vermont expats returning to the state to perform, provided we receive their submissions at least one week prior to their local dates.
- You are welcome — encouraged, even — to submit as often as you’d like. But please do not submit the same joke more than once. (If we didn’t think it was funny the first time …)
- You need to complete each section of the form below — yes, we really need a photo of you.
- Explicit language and provocative subject matter is acceptable. But racist, sexist or homophobic jokes will not be considered. (Though we urge you to consider why you wrote them in the first place.)
- Keep it on the shorter side. We don’t need your whole act. We will, however, consider longer bits with interconnected jokes when appropriate.
- We will generally consider submissions in the order that they arrive. But when or if they are published is solely at the discretion of Seven Days.